It’s really simple, I used my Cricut Expression 2 to cut out all of the butterflies in 3 different shades of purple. I think some other mobiles use different sizes of butterflies but I did all the purple ones the same size, and a few smaller white ones for accents on the bottom.
I used a wreath form that I got from Michael’s (with a 50% off coupon) as the base. I sprayed it white and hung it from a key ring. I used a purple ribbon to attach it to another key ring. I attached that to the ceiling using a 3M velcro strip. I hot glued each butterfly to pieces of dental floss hanging from the wreath form.
If you’re in need of an affordable and unique baby gift this is a perfect idea. The biggest expense is your time. Let me show you the cost break down.
- Wreath Form: $3.50 (50% off coupon used)
- 3 – 12 x 12 pieces of purple paper: $1.50
- 3 – 12 x 12 pieces of white paper: previously acquired
- Dental Floss: free from last dentist appointment
- Spray glue / hot glue: previously acquired
TOTAL COST: $5.00
Hope you’re inspired – Joy