As a beginner knitter myself I thought I would compile a short list of the beginner knits I have tried. I wanted to make a list that was simple and that anyone trying to learn how to knit can do!
- A PONCHO! This poncho is knit in 2 pieces and “sewn” together with a 3 needle cast off. I created this pattern, and it is available free on my blog. It’s also very simple, which is great for beginners, but if you are an intermediate knitter you could probably make improvements.
- A Baby Hat! Want to try and knit in the round? Here is an easy first stab! This pattern is on Ravelry for free here. If you aren’t on Ravelry yet – you should make an account. It’s free to join and you can find SO MANY PATTERNS FOR FREE, and also many you pay for!
- A DISHCLOTH! Seriously these are great. Grab some cotton yarn and crush these little guys. And if you mess up? It’s a dishcloth, perfect for learning. This is available free on my blog.
- A Baby Hat with a Snowflake! Ready to add some flare? This one is available on my blog for free. I like baby hats, because they finish quickly, I took 5 years to finish this toddler hat. 🤣
- A BLANKET! I will probably re-do this blanket, I wish I had made it wider, but it was super easy. I didn’t do the arm knitting, because I have 2 kids and there is no chance that I could sit through an entire knit without being interrupted.