I stumbled upon an amazing no bake cookie recipe. It’s also flour free, egg free, and if you used gluten free pretzels they would be gluten free too. They also freeze BEAUTIFULLY and are incredibly delicious!
Recipe from 17 and Baking
1 cup creamy peanut butter
2 teaspoons butter (room temperature for easy blending)
²⁄3 cup icing sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
mini pretzels (I bought mine from Bulk Barn)
1 package milk chocolate chips
1. Combine the peanut butter and butter together until creamy.
2. Stir in the powdered sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla until well mixed.
3. Roll teaspoons of the peanut butter mixture into balls. I actually measured out my middles to 1 tsp each. This was a good ratio of pretzel/PB/chocolate. Then sandwich between two pretzels and place on a cookie sheet.
4. Freeze the pretzel sandwiches. You can freeze them for 5 minutes, 30 minutes or overnight – I’ve done them all with the same success.
5. Melt the chocolate chips. DO NOT ADD WATER TO YOUR CHOCOLATE. If you need to make it a little thinner add the tiniest amount of light olive oil. Water will cause the chocolate to seize and it will be nasty looking and gross.
6. Dip half of each pretzel in chocolate. Return to the cookie sheet – festiveize with appropriately coloured sprinkles.
7. Freeze for another 30 minutes, or 2 weeks until Christmas (that’s what I’m doing).